Thursday, March 27, 2014

Crockpot Venison Burger Stew


I have a bunch of things to post about but no time to do so. Here is a quick one on what we are having for dinner tonight.
My cousin had posted a recipe on facebook for hamburger stew. It looked good but I didn't have any hamburger and would rather have the "deer burger" (as it is called here in the South) instead anyway. There was about 2 lbs of deer burger in my package. You just scramble up the burger and add it to the crock pot. I added a cut up onion, 2 cans of tomatoes (one was tomatoes and chilis), one quart jar of potatoes, a pint jar of carrots, celery leaves (because Phil hates celery), 1/4 cup of rice, salt and pepper and a little water (I did not drain any of the jars or cans just added the water that was in them in with it too).
Smelled wonderful cooking and should be ready when we get home from work.
I have pictures of the garden the kids and I are doing at work and will get another post on here as soon as I can.


4 comments:

  1. HI Becky! Your stew looks delicious! I just bartered some eggs for deer burger! We love it! The guy even threw in a pack of antelope burger! I've never had that before! I hope we like it cause he goes out west and hunts in the fall and can get some more! You sound so busy! Can't wait to see pics of the kids garden! Have a nice day! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last good trade I made was some canisters that I never used for a nice big ceramic pot. I need to do a blog post on that too. :)

      Delete
  2. I bet it tasted so good! I always enjoy slow cooking for good flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't gotten to taste it yet. Can't wait until I get home though.

    ReplyDelete