Friday, July 6, 2012

Quail Breasts with Mushrooms and Rice




Breasts from 12-14 quail- you could definitely use less, this made a good sized meal that could have probably fed 5 or 6 people.

1/2  a package of fresh mushrooms, sliced- put in as many as you like but I used about a half a 16 oz package. 
1 can cream of mushroom soup
a little red wine vinegar
Approx. 1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper
3 cups cooked rice 

Put your quail breasts in a frying pan with some oil or grease (I used bacon grease because we have a lot of it), add the sliced mushrooms, sprinkle with a little red wine vinegar, salt and pepper well. Let cook until quail breasts are done.  There should be liquid in the pan from the mushrooms. Add the cream of mushroom soup to this, stir, add enough milk to make it creamy. Add this to your already cooked rice and stir.

I am sure there are much better cooks out there than I am but this was excellent. Quail and mushrooms go together so well. Quite a nice change.

4 comments:

  1. Becky, you're heading towards the Michelin Star very rapidly! Your cooking style has changed a lot since you started blogging. Maybe you just needed to serve your quail with a nice glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know nothing about wines Mark but if my homemade cranberry wine had been done, I am sure it would have been good with it.

      Delete
  2. looks darn good, you're making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks good. On my way to your place now,LOL

    ReplyDelete