Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday's Harvest

I have harvested a couple more squash, a couple more full sized tomatoes--the Taxi variety and lots of these little Sungold tomatoes this week but because of all the work involved with the hog meat, I really haven't had time to take pictures of everything. Here are a few that things I picked Sunday though. More tomatoes and our first beans! We won't get very many beans because it is just half of a raised bed but we have a few anyway. These are a flat Italian bush bean. I have always liked the flat Italian beans for some reason.
Not sure how I will use these few beans. In previous years I would blanch and freeze them and just keep adding to the bag of frozen beans until I had enough for a meal and I might just do that again but if I come across a good recipe before I get that done...well,who knows? They could be gone tomorrow.

See all our harvests at Daphne's Dandelions!

9 comments:

  1. Recipe suggestion: sliced beans in a garlicky tomato sauce, served as an accompaniment to your next pork dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love to freeze our beans too. It is so much easier than canning!

      Try adding some of those tomatoes and maybe some kind of summer squash with the beans, some olive oil and your favorite herbs in a frying pan. Then sautee them till they are tender crisp!

      Delete
    2. Well, that sounds good too and I still have a couple squash.

      Delete
  2. I think Marks suggestion sounds delish too! Your sungolds look yummy and so do the beans. Both items are yet a while for us in our growing area but hopefully not too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great harvest! You can always try some oriental stir fried green beans as an accompaniment to your main.

    Your sungold tomatoes must be star performers in your garden. Don't we love it when our tomato plant produces great number of fruits?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often eat the little bits of beans that I get sometimes. I usually steam them with something else. I hate dirtying a pot for a few things. Or I use them in a stir fry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually just chop and stir fry the beans with what ever else is ready; squash, onion, pepper, greens....

    ReplyDelete