Sunday, January 8, 2012

Oster Deli Cut Slicer

This was last weeks thrift store find. It is an Oster Deli Cut Meat Slicer. I didn't get to try it out until today because I didn't have any meat to cut but today I got one of those small little turkey hams so that I could try it out. (This picture was after I had tried it that is why it has bits of meat on it).
This meat slicer has a large dial on the back that you can turn to adjust the thickness of the slices. I had it turned down almost all the way so that it would cut slices for sandwich meat. It also has a spot on the dial where you set it to store it where the blade lines up with the plastic back so there is no chance of getting cut on it.

It worked really, really well and was definitely easy to use. I am extremely pleased! It cost me a whole $4.49.

12 comments:

  1. You really are the Queen of Bargain-hunters! Looks like another good find. And I thought WE had a lot of gadgets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything that helps me process our own meat and vegetables is a good gadget!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic bargain. I can never seem to cut meat to the thickness I require, this would be a great gadget for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great bargain and a meat slicer is on my kitchen wish list

    ReplyDelete
  5. It had been on mine for a while too. You don't always find what you really want. Sometimes it takes years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a really great deal! My son uses a slicer to get real thin cuts of meat for making jerky...really works great. You'll love using it on cheese, too. Wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I didn't think about cheese. That is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I purchased one of these used also, many years ago. It is definitely a very handy tool to have in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love going to the thrift stores. I bought a food processor with all the attachments that looked like it hadn't even been used. $6 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just purchase this slicer from the Salvation Army for $7.00. I also have a Rival Slicer I've never used, but it is packed up somewhere (I'm trying to get ready to move from MI back to Ohio, my home state) and I paid approx. $70.00 for it. It is all stainless steel, and looks more like what they use in the butcher shops (probably doesn't cut any better than my $7.00 find). I love thrift shopping and have many appliances from the "army" like new. Thanks for your review of this product, I intend to put this one to good use. By the way...I think you live close to where my dad was born...Meansville, GA. with his 12 brothers. He now is 92,

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a deal! We purchased ours at a garage sale in Florida, where my daughter and son-in-law explore all the garage/estate sales. They just missed two totem poles. We got our Oster slicer for $15, still not a bad price.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  12. The perfect slices. I bet you be using same machine till date. :)

    ReplyDelete