Friday, December 2, 2011

Zucchini Muffins/Bread

Not only was winter squash on sale this week but so was zucchini and yellow squash. I thought I would write a few posts on how I will use it up. Today was for the zucchini. I made bread and muffins. One batch to do both.


2 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup shortening
3 cups shredded zucchini
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups flour
3 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of loaf pan and grease muffin pan completely.
Mix sugar and shortening. Add eggs, zucchini and water. Mix. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full, put the rest in the loaf pan.
Bake muffins 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Bake bread for 60 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool some before trying to take them out (otherwise the bottoms will stick). Loosen sides of loaf with knife after cooling, then turn over to get load out. Makes 1 loaf and 12 muffins

Warm zucchini muffins and milk for breakfast!

Bread to snack on later. 

4 comments:

  1. Muffins and bread look fantastic, but I hate drinking milk! I've never used zucchini in bread, but I expect it makes a nice light mpoist loaf, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it makes a nice moist loaf but the flavor is the best. Not really what you would think a "squash" loaf would taste like. Sweet, spicy and good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh my garden is producing lots of zucchinis so I will give this receipe a go. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect baking for a chilly early December day!

    ReplyDelete