Thursday, December 29, 2011

Good Morning All

I can't believe it is Thursday already! Just 4 more 'normal' days and then I have to go back to work. I would give a lot to be able to stay home like I used to but we would sorely miss my paycheck (yeah, not quite that self sufficient yet).
This morning is my lazy morning. When I realized it was Thursday I also realized how I hadn't really gotten a chance to relax yet so this morning is for relaxing. I did work a little bit on my spoon but I find carving is very relaxing anyway. I have some more wood to work with but haven't decided what to make yet.
This afternoon likely won't be for relaxing. I still need to clean out the empty quail cage and there are still raised beds that need filling and other raised beds that need building- not that I have anything to build with but you just never know until you get looking around. There's a lot of junk in the yard, I might find something, then again I might find a whole different project to do; you just never know.
I did want to come on this morning and show you all what I did with the sourdough starter that I took out to replace yesterday. I used it to coat some pork loin for supper with. Sourdough starter makes a really wonderful breader for fried chicken, pork or steak. Instructions are here
. Tonight I think I am going to make pizza with the sourdough I replace if I can find my recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried sourdough as a breader, but it sounds just great! Hope you have a happy New Year, Becky!

    ReplyDelete