Sunday, October 30, 2011

So It Wasn't Toothpaste...

turns out that it was deodorant! I tried it as deodorant (new batch with orange extract because I didn't not want to smell like mint). Tried it all day yesterday, no smell. Did not put any more on- this morning, very, very little smell--less than when I use deodorant. It is solid since this coconut oil turns into a solid at 76 degrees and there is no heat in my bathroom. I believe I could refill old stick deodorants with it and it would be just fine. I had heard that there might be some irritation from the baking soda but that hasn't been the case.  No irritation at all. Anyway, this was an excellent experiment. The only problem I can see is that in the summer it would have to be stored in the refrigerator.

5 comments:

  1. ooh, I love experiments like this...especially when it works! yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, but after using it as toothpaste I was a a bit skeptical, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trouble with using toothpaste as deodorant is that it leaves all those white (or red-white-and-blue) marks on your clothes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually there is a chance it will leave white or greasy marks but I didn't notice that on my clothes yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so funny! I did see instructions for toothpaste recently - more like toothpowder - was tempted to give it a go... Have you seen that one? I might try and find it again... (Hi by the way! :) And I love the idea of citrus scented deodorant..)

    ReplyDelete