Thursday, October 13, 2011

Sick Today

The day started out fine but shortly after I got to work it was apparent that I had caught a nasty stomach flu. Couldn't even drink water. So couldn't take any aspirin for the fever. I toughed it out and made it through until I could go get Phil at 7:00 p.m. though. Good thing I mostly sit at the desk.
Of course, while I was there we had some really nasty thunderstorms. Michelle has developed a real phobia of storms since all the trees fell here. She called me wanting me to come get her but, of course, I couldn't. I told her to stop looking up the weather online, she was making herself more worried than she needed to. The worst of the storm was not going to pass over out house but over me at work and towards Deering (where I had to pick up Phil). She took  my advice and it calmed her down through the storm.
So I made it over to get Phil (trees had fallen over the road but they had them cleared by then). He drove back and I finally got some aspirin down when I got home. Say what you want about beer but it will ease off stomach cramps. The fever is abating and I am starting to feel a little better. So glad since I really need to work all day tomorrow since the kids are out of school. We are expecting about 80 kids to show up and will be short staffed since everyone else can't work all day  (some go to school, some have other jobs) like I can.
Anyway, I am DETERMINED to feel better tomorrow! (think that will help?)

7 comments:

  1. Positive mental attitude always helps! Hope you are feeling better by now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't help, lol, I am just as sick today and could not even think about going to work. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly and hope you pull out of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mr. H. Me too. Me too. Have been eating yogurt, not really helping but at least I am getting something into me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. soo glad to hear you're on the mend, Becky. and if beer helped you get there, more power to you! hope you're back at 100% SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So... if I drink plenty of beer, I shouldn't get stomach cramps in the first place. Yeah! An ounce of prevention... or several ounces!

    Hope you're all better now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, it took 6 days and no more beer, no more anything for several of those days but I am finally back to normal again. Maybe this weekend I will have something good to post again.

    ReplyDelete