Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Quail Dinner

Sorry I didn't get a picture of the whole pot but we were hungry and I didn't think to take the picture until there was just one left.
Now maybe that doesn't look real appetizing to some of your but trust me, IT WAS SO GOOD! I didn't have any plans for supper so just took them out frozen at about 10:30 a.m. tossed the whole lot in the crock pot, mixed up a can of cream of mushroom soup and about half a cup of milk and some of my dried mushrooms and poured it over the lump of frozen quail. They cooked on low until we got home at 8:00 p.m. and they were wonderful!

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried bbq sauce in the crock pot with the quail? We had it the other day, It made a great sauce for potatoes. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, have done duck, chicken and quail in BBQ sauce in the crock pot. Have even made my own BBQ sauce but will save that for another post, another time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and rabbits in BBQ sauce in the crock pot too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds yummy and so do all the comments left. did you grow the quail yourself.
    I found your blog from hazeldene. I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I raised the quail myself. Have more that need to be butchered, more in the brooder and more that should be hatching today.

    ReplyDelete