Friday, September 23, 2011

Raised Beds at Work!

I believe I have mentioned that I work at the Boys and Girls Club here in Thomson. It is a great place to work if a bit challenging. This year we have over 150 children registered and about 115 come every day. Recently we got a grant to build a raised bed garden for our children which we all thought was pretty wonderful. One of our Board members got his people together and THIS is what they built for us!


I was so surprised yesterday when I went out and looked at it. Nine big beds separated into three sections each. We will have 4-5 responsible for each section. It is too bad that it is fall and not spring as we are limited in what we can grow but we are going to try.

5 comments:

  1. Oh excellent, bet that was a big surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely surprised. I thought one or two beds. These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that timber has been properly seasoned, or treated!
    What a great opportunity for the kids to learn about growing veg. Are you going to be one of the gardening instructors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, they are hoping to get some help from the Agricultural class at the college I think.

    ReplyDelete