Thursday, May 5, 2011

Garden Pictures- The Trees

I took too many pictures this morning for one post so split them up into two. Here are some picture of some of the trees in the yard.  This first one is of a little fruit I found on the pomegranate tree. Its first one ever, partially eaten by something, but its first fruit nonetheless.

This cicada was also on the pomegranate tree. No they are not gone yet and they are still making their awful noise. 


This is an awful shot of the Chinese chestnut tree. It is hard to take a picture of a tree with other trees all behind it.

Here is a picture of one of the smaller fig trees. I have two small and one large (taller than the house) fig trees. They have grown quite a lot this year already.
Here is the little peach tree that I bought and planted this year.
I could not get a good picture of the new apple tree. It is quite large and had too many trees in the background. I also didn't take pictures today of the plum trees, hazelnuts, pecans, sour cherries or quince because some are just hard to photograph and some I have already show you all.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had more trees! Does the hazelnut provide any nuts? Maybe a silly question...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hazelnuts are the only one right now that provide nuts right now because the pecans are too small yet. They provide plenty of nuts but they are a bit smaller than store bought.

    ReplyDelete