Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Today's Work Before Work

These first two are all Fer's fault and his lovely post on planting grapes in containers. I made a special stop this morning just to pick up one Thompson's Seedless and one Concord Seedless grape. I have been looking for something to do with these pots. I do have two grapes growing in the ground (a Concord and a muscadine) but they have never produced more than a few grapes so the pots seemed like a great alternative to me.
Also since I happened to be at the plants, I picked up another blueberry plant this one called Legacy and got it planted this morning.





I then proceeded to fix out back porch. Our back porch really isn't a porch, more like a landing with steps. It is a landing that I fell through quite a while ago.  That's is what happens when you don't fix a porch when it starts to get soft on one side. I have been going out back by creeping across the two boards on one side that are left and I don't like it. I can hit a nail as good as anyone and apparently Phil has forgotten how. It took about an hour and I wouldn't exactly jump up and down on the porch  now but it is definitely better than it was.
I then did the animals (7 duck eggs today, 2 pheasant eggs and several bantam eggs) and went back inside to the indoor work. What to have for supper? Here is what I came up with:
There's a beef roast in that crock pot with some onions(on sale $.99 bag: this was only one there were 3 in the bag), peppers(on sale $1.49; three in the bag, this is only two of them), mushrooms(just a good price), a little smoked ham for flavor(leftover from supper the night before last) and some salt and papper.
I then noticed the zucchini still sitting on the table and had to dehydrate the rest of the mushrooms so just did them both to fill the dehydrator.

7 comments:

  1. I need to get back to dehydrating when I find veggies on sale. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying plants really is an addiction, isn't it? It's funny how you can always find room for one or two more, even when your garden seems full already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I still have another big pot. If they had had three varieties of grapes, I would have had a third one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're ready for Spring now! Very nice plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I walked through the garden center this morning and didn't find anything to buy, lol....of course, they are always getting new plants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy busy girl! We had a deer roast with onions (.49 cents a bag!), potatoes, celery and carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gotta love a deer roast now. I am all out of deer except for some burger and there may be some deer stew meat in that freezer somewhere.

    ReplyDelete