Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hot Cocoa Bread

I saw the recipe for hot cocoa bread on Chickens in the Road blog here:
 http://chickensintheroad.com/farm-bell-recipes/hot-cocoa-bread/ and have wanted to try it ever since. Today was the day. It smelled wonderful all the while it was cooking, just like a chocolate cake and I wondered if it would be more cake-like than it would be like bread.
Here is how it looked when it first came out. Some of the marshmallows melted on the edge.



When I cut into it I found it was definitely the texture of bread and not cake like at all.
I used the miniature marshmallows and they did not show up white like in the picture on the link, they just kind of melted in but I still think they are very important to the taste.
This will make a good bread to make at Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment