Sunday, September 26, 2010

Applesauce

I made several things today from some apples that I got on sale. I had three different kinds of apples. One of the things that I made was a few pints of applesauce. I didn't make too many pints of applesauce because we don't eat a lot of it plus I had a shortage of jars.
To make applesauce you need to peel and core your apples. Put them in a large pan with just a cup of water and cook them down until very soft.
I drain the water and then add sugar. You can add as much sugar as you like. Start with 1/4 cup per pint (estimate) and go from there.

Applesauce needs to be canned in a waterbath canner for 20 minutes.
There are three pints of applesauce in there. You can see two of them right in front of the sink full of dishes that I hadn't gotten to yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment